Looking to shed some of that Freshmen 15? Live a healthy lifestyle? Check out the Health Summit!
The Freshman 15, every first year student’s worst fear. If you are interested in taking some proactive steps to avoiding the dreaded freshman 15 then check out this year’s Health Summit hosted by one of Eastern Michigan University’s fraternity’s, Delta Tau Delta! The Health Summit is a campus wide event, which focuses on how to incorporate healthy living into a college budget. Here are some of the highlights of the Health Summit:
- This year Delta Tau Delta is having an exercise psychologist come to speak to
everyone about how to inquorate a healthy lifestyle into your daily routine!
- There will be a Yoga instructor there to teach anyone who’s interested about
a few basic yoga poses.
- Our very own Snow Health Center will be there educating students on how to
live a healthy lifestyle.
- Listen in on guest speaker Michael Stack, the owner of Applied Fitness
- Learn basic skin care tips from one of the featured dermatologists!
- In the market for some new work out clothes to go with all of your new
fitness knowledge? Make sure to hit up these booths sponsored by South
Huron Care, the Eye Gallery, Dashing Dish, Tranquility Sleep Center, Skin
Care by Rodan and Fields, and Lululemon Athletica.
So if any of you had new years resolutions on trimming down a few pounds, or living a healthier lifestyle, this is a great place to educate yourself at! You will learn all about how to develop a fitness plan, maintain a healthy diet, and do that by setting healthy goals. The event is taking place on Sunday, January 27th from 5-7 pm in the Student Center Ballroom. Come check it out! This could be your first step to a newer and healthier you!