The housing application for the 2019-2020 school year is now live and active! If you haven’t applied for housing yet, you should do so as soon as possible as the priority period closes February 22nd, 2019 at 11:55pm.
Here are steps to follow to apply for housing:
- Go to www.emich.edu/residencelife/applications and select which category you fall under for your application (first-year student, current residents, transfer students, winter/summer housing, graduate students)
- You will be taken to a page that outlines detailed information and important dates (make sure to read all of this as certain things may pertain to you).
- Enter the housing portal and login using your emich username and password.
- Pay the $150 non-refundable deposit.
- Fill out the forms for housing and dining contracts, emergency contacts, resident and roommate information, any needs/accommodations, and if you have a preference towards a specific Living Learning Theme Community (LLTC).
- Write a personal description for potential roommates to find you. If you already have people you want to live with next year, make a roommate group to make it easier when room selection time comes.
- You’re done for the moment!
The application will close on February 22nd, 2019 at 11:55 pm. Housing will email out lottery times during the winter break at the end of February for students that applied during the priority period. The time slot will give a date and time for students to go back into the portal to pick their space between March 4th, 2019 at 10:00 am – March 11th, 2019 at 10:00 am. If you are in a roommate group, only the group leader has to pick the space. Once the room has been selected, users must finish their application by choosing a meal plan. Students in roommate groups will have to individually go in and pick their meal plan as the group leader cannot do this for each student. After this, no further action is necessary.
Anyone who didn’t apply during the priority period or who was not permitted to apply then, the application will reopen on March 11th, 2019 at 10:00 am for any remaining students to apply, select their space and pick a meal plan.
Read through all the information carefully on the website to answer any other questions you may have. Feel free to contact housing by email or through their social media platforms!
Happy Housing, Eagles!