As Fusion First Four quickly approaches, there are a few must things you need to do when you get to Eastern in the first few weeks.
- Go to everyday of First Four Orientation: If you go to each day, then you are likely to adjust better to going to college. There are a lot of fun activities planned and getting out there will allow you to stay active in the first four days.
- Meijer Mania: Need some last minute school supplies or food? This is a great event that happens every year. Meijer Mania is a huge event where students from Eastern can get shuttled to the Meijer on Carpenter Road and get discounted items along with some free stuff! (Now who doesn’t love free stuff?!)
- Visit Downtown/Depot Town: Downtown Ypsi and Depot Town have great places to eat and shop. Some great ones include Aubrees (pizza and calzones), Sidetracks (burgers and fried pickles), Beezys (hipster breakfast) and the Rocket (novelty shop).
- Find your way around campus: If you know where all of your classes are before they start, you will not be that freshman wandering around like a lost puppy. Also you could be one to show others that are lost where their classes are!
- Make some friends: The adjustment to college will be a lot easier if you have some friends to share the experience with, this means getting out of your room and being open to other people and new things.
If you do these five things then you will be likely to succeed in your first few days of class! Good luck and go Eagles!